College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences
Alumni Association Chapter
Undergraduate Student Summer Research and Travel Award
The College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences (CMNS) Alumni Association
Chapter would like to announce it’s first annual Undergraduate Summer Research and Travel
Award. This award is intended to be used by undergraduate students within CMNS to help to
defray costs related to conducting research, travelling to field courses or conferences, or other
summer activities that enhance or expand the student’s educational and professional
development. This year, a total of four applicants will be chosen to receive a $500 award each.
A successful applicant should be:
• Engaged in research with a faculty mentor
• A junior or senior student in good standing with the college
• Willing to present their educational or research experience at an Alumni Association
Students should contact their advisor or undergraduate coordinator for more information.
Applications should include:
• Resume of the student with current GPA listed
• Statement (1000 words or less) describing the student’s interests, the summer
opportunity, and the potential impact of the award
• Contact information of two references; one must be a faculty mentor
Applications are due electronically to the student’s undergraduate coordinator no later than
close of business on April 6, 2012. The coordinators will review the application packages and
transmit them to the CMNS Alumni Association Chapter ([log in to unmask]) by April 13, 2012.
Decisions will be announced by April 27, 2012.