From: Lumpkin, Jenkins [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:27 PM
To: iSchool Admissions
Subject: RCPL Vacancy Notice - Please Post/Distribute.
We’re seeking a bilingual Outreach Librarian II, Full-time (English/Spanish Bilingual).
Are you a passionate and service-minded individual who wants to help the Library extend its reach into the community? Can you actively engage with others in Richland County to create conversations, services, and support networks for new and underserved audiences? Are you fluent in Spanish and love working with English Language Learners? Are you many things to many people – coach, leader, partner, and host – and juggle multiple responsibilities with a smile?
If your answer to these questions is “YES!”, the Richland County Public Library encourages you to apply!
Who you are:
· You engage well with others and are passionate about bringing the Library to new audiences.
· You speak Spanish fluently and enjoy working with English Language Learners.
· You want to make a difference in your community, especially for new immigrants and those who are underserved.
· You love developing and delivering library programs for diverse groups of people.
· You’re excited about using new technology and sharing it with others.
· You love making new connections and partnerships with people and community organizations.
* You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
Do you have what it takes?
· ALA-accredited MLIS degree. Transcript must be present upon hire.
· Eligibility for South Carolina Certification.
· Fluency in written and spoken Spanish.
· At least 1 year of professional experience after receiving your MLIS degree.
· Specialized knowledge or skills developed through work experience related to community engagement or outreach to the underserved.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· Ability to perform job duties.
This position is open until filled.
If you are interested in joining our forward-thinking and innovative team, click here to begin the application process.<http://126.96.36.199/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx>
The Richland County Public Library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
For more information about our Library system, visit our website at www.myRCPL.com<http://www.myRCPL.com>.
Special Assistant for Personnel
Richland County Public Library
1431 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Tel: (803) 988-0895; Fax: (803) 929-3448
“When you are growing up, there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is the great equaliser.”
— Keith Richards, Rolling Stones Guitarist