From: Lumpkin, Jenkins [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:27 PM
To: iSchool Admissions
Subject: RCPL Vacancy Notice - Please Post/Distribute.
We’re seeking a Teen Services Librarian, Full-time.
Are you a passionate and service-minded individual who wants to help the library extend its reach into the community? Do you love to create incredible experiences for our Library customers, especially teens? Are you a natural born leader and teacher, either one-on-one or in groups? Are you excited by the prospect of engaging with our community, building lasting partnerships, and leaving every customer thrilled about the Library?
If your answer to these questions is “YES!”, the Richland County Public Library encourages you to apply!
Who you are:
· You engage well with others and are passionate about bringing the Library to new audiences.
· You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet, and leads others to excellence by example.
· You are an exceptional communicator, able to lead meetings and relay information effectively.
· You love making new connections and partnerships with people and community organizations.
· You feel comfortable with emerging technology, and are excited by new developments.
· You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
Do you have what it takes?
· ALA-accredited MLIS degree. Transcript must be present upon hire.
· Eligible for or holds South Carolina certification.
· Specialized subject knowledge or skills developed through work experience where appropriate: in this position, such knowledge/skill should be shown through experience supporting programs to teens, and successful program coordination and implementation.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· Ability to perform job duties.
The deadline for this position is May 24th, 2012.
If you are interested in joining our forward-thinking and innovative team, click here to begin the application process.<http://220.127.116.11/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx>
The Richland County Public Library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
For more information about our Library system, visit our website at www.myRCPL.com<http://www.myRCPL.com>.
Special Assistant for Personnel
Richland County Public Library
1431 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Tel: (803) 988-0895; Fax: (803) 929-3448
“When you are growing up, there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is the great equaliser.”
— Keith Richards, Rolling Stones Guitarist