From: Lumpkin, Jenkins [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:28 PM
To: iSchool Admissions
Subject: RCPL Vacancy Notice - Please Post/Distribute.
At RCPL, we’re seeking a veteran coder: an Online Applications Developer, Full-time (REPOSTING).
Are you a Drupal expert – a developer with years of proven experience in coding Drupal sites? Are you up for the challenge of planning and executing incredible integrations and online applications? Do you love to streamline processes and develop integrations using Drupal, PHP, APIs, and SQL? Are you a terrific communicator who understands the importance of keeping everyone on the same page? Are you ready to become knowledgeable about library operations and energized by your ability to make every customer thrilled about the Library?
If your answer to these questions is “YES”, the Richland County Public Library encourages you to apply!
Who you are**:
· You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
* You understand customer needs and love to connect customers with the right solutions and services.
* You are a team player.
* You understand that collaboration is essential for innovation and that staff are also your customers.
* You are an explorer of new and emerging technologies to support library services.
* You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
* You are a veteran Drupal coder with connections to the Drupal community and a diverse portfolio.
Do you have what it takes?
* At least 4 years of relevant Drupal website (online application) development experience; demonstrated knowledge and ability with Drupal and custom Drupal programming; and experience in theming, graphics, and user interface.
* Education and training equivalent to associates degree or above. Transcript must be presented upon hire.
* Driver’s license and safe driving record.
* Ability to perform job functions and requirements.
Open Until Filled.
In your application materials, you should also provide a portfolio of your work, including notes that fully explain your role with each project.
** Freelancers, agencies, and persons not willing to work full-time, 37.50 hours per week, will not be considered and should not apply.
If you are interested in joining our forward-thinking and innovative team, click here to begin the application process.<http://188.8.131.52/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx>
The Richland County Public Library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
For more information about our Library system, visit our website at www.myRCPL.com<http://www.myRCPL.com>.
Special Assistant for Personnel
Richland County Public Library
1431 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Tel: (803) 988-0895; Fax: (803) 929-3448
“When you are growing up, there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is the great equaliser.”
— Keith Richards, Rolling Stones Guitarist