We’re seeking a 1431 (Film & Sound) Librarian I, Full-time.
Do you love to create incredible experiences for our Library customers? Are you a passionate and service-minded individual who wants to help our community with the eBook revolution? Are you a natural born leader and teacher, either one-on-one or in groups? Are you excited by the prospect of engaging with our community, building lasting partnerships, and leaving every customer thrilled about the Library?
If your answer to these questions is “YES!”, the Richland County Public Library encourages you to apply!
Who you are:
· You engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary customer experiences.
· You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet, and leads others to excellence by example.
· You are an exceptional communicator, able to relay information effectively to many different people.
· You enjoy wearing different “hats” – technology whiz, reader’s advisory expert, programming guru, etc.
· You feel comfortable with emerging technologies, and are excited by new developments.
· You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
Do you have what it takes?
· ALA-accredited MLS degree. Transcript must be presented upon hire.
· Eligible for or holds SC Certification.
· Specialized subject knowledge or skills developed through work experience and/or education where appropriate. For this position, preference may be given for relevant background; for example, a Bachelor’s degree in film, music, media arts, or similar areas, and/or skills developed through work experience.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· Ability to perform job functions.
The deadline for this position is June 1st, 2012.
If you are interested in joining our forward-thinking and innovative team, visit the RCPL website to begin the application process.
The Richland County Public Library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
For more information about our Library system, visit our website at www.myRCPL.com<http://www.myRCPL.com>.