Please post the following ad to your listserv for students and alumni.
Electronic Resources Librarian & Assistant Professor
The University of Mississippi Libraries seeks an Electronic Resources Librarian with energy and initiative to provide leadership and effective management for the librariesí electronic resources. Working in a team environment, the incumbent will be responsible for leading library-wide efforts to optimize technologies designed to help publicize the librariesí collections, and for providing user-centric services for information access and discovery.
Under the direction of the Head of Serials, the incumbent will:
* Serve as a liaison to vendors regarding electronic resource trials, acquisitions, licensing and technical issues
* Work with database providers, vendors, publishers and other personnel to resolve digital resources connectivity and access issues
* Proactively manage technical changes to preempt resource access problems
* Respond to usersí issues with electronic resources in a timely manner
* Provide feedback about electronic resource infrastructure compatibility
* recommend and facilitate improvements to existing tools and workflows;
* Maintain accurate data about electronic resources in a variety of systems, such as our link resolver and discovery tool knowledge base (Serials Solutions), our Electronic Resource Management module (Innovative Interfaces), and our A to Z database list
* Manage the librariesí integrated proxy (Web Access Management)
* Manage the promotion of resources in various library systems and website
* Oversee and analyze usage statistics for electronic resources
* Participate in assessment of electronic resources
* Maintain current awareness of emerging trends and best practices in resource access and discoverability
* Supervise a paraprofessional responsible for maintaining the knowledgebase, for collecting usage statistics, for troubleshooting, and for loading the monthly coverage and MARC records from Serial Solutions
* Serve on the electronic resource management team and a library-wide collection development team.
* ALA accredited master's degree by date of employment
* Evidence of experience with research-oriented electronic resource technologies
* Familiarity with the OpenURL standard
* Experience implementing or using an electronic resources knowledge base management system
* Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills and initiative
* An aptitude for detail-oriented work
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, service-oriented, and dynamic environment
* Interest in facilitating technical skills in others
* A commitment to meet established library criteria for promotion and tenure, including professional service and published research.
The position is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty appointment. Minimum annual salary is $45,000, and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply online at http://jobs.olemiss.edu<http://jobs.olemiss.edu/>. Applicants will be asked to include a letter of application, vita, and the names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three current professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Mississippi is located in historic Oxford, a thriving community offering a wide range of literary, musical and cultural activities. For more information about the University and the community, please visit http://www.olemiss.edu/visitors.