Interested in working as a Web Developer supporting NOAA in Silver Spring? Currently hiring a mid-level Engineer for a 6month contract to hire-details are outlined below. Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to learn more.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and supporting user, scientific or data-driven systems/application.
- Must have experience developing with Microsoft Silverlight
- C#, ASP.NET and the NET Framework
- Experience with one or more of the following: XAML, WPF, WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, IIS Web Server, Windows Server web functionality.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, debugging practices and source control, unit testing, and user interfaces using WPF/XAML/XBAP.
- Experience with Oracle database development and integration is highly desired.
- Must be willing to travel 2-8 weeks/year - possibly aboard a research vessel
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent.
- Experience with python scripting, Linux shell scripting and XML.
- Prior experience
- Modifying and or enhancing existing software
- Participating in new application requirements identification and analysis
- Developing new software applications
- Troubleshooting and fixing defects in existing and newly developed software
- Preparing system and software documentation including test plans
- Participating in lab-based and field-based evaluations of software applications
- Installing and troubleshooting software in remote locations around the country and at sea (Travel 2-8 weeks/year)
- Providing training and Tier 2 support on application use to end users.
Insight Global, Inc.
100 E. Pratt St., Suite 2530
Baltimore, MD 21202
(443) 733-1280 Office
(410) 244-5615 Fax
IGI Dial 2170
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
This message, and any attachments, are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain information that is legally privileged and/or confidential. It is the property of Insight Global, Inc. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this message and/or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the original message, any copies thereof, and any attachments from your system.