Reference Librarian/Instructor - STEM (11 MONTH TENURE TRACK)
SALARY – $56,529/yr.
DEADLINE – September 30, 2012 – 5:00 P.M.
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
· Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited institution;
· Undergraduate degree or subject masters in the sciences and/or engineering;
· Library experience in a post-secondary institution is preferred;
· Excellent communication skills – both oral and written;
· Ability to interact successfully and enthusiastically with internal and external colleagues/patrons;
· Ability to recognize and respond to students from culturally diverse backgrounds;
· Willingness to make students active partners in the teaching/learning process;
· Proven experience with traditional library resources, online library resources, the Internet, and Microsoft Office and
· Windows applications;
· Capacity to assist students in developing information literacy skills;
· Capability to function within a team environment;
· All instructors must meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and
· Schools (SACS).
THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE LOCATED BY VISITING: