IMC is looking for an Online Content Specialist to support one of our current projects in Bethesda, Maryland.
* Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree.
* Two years experience in publishing or library science environment.
* Familiarity with online publications, specifically electronic journals or books.
* Positive attitude; displays flexibility and patience in a high-volume work environment.
* Comfortable managing multiple projects at once.
* Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively to publishers, developers, and data providers.
* Ability to conduct data analysis and work with developers to implement solutions.
* Ability to work with complex, detailed information.
* Knowledge of XML and/or HTML.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* At least one item from the “Desired Skills” list.
* Experience managing production workflow of an online publication.
* Expertise with electronic image formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, EPS, PNG) and with image creation software (for example, Adobe Photoshop).
* Experience editing journal or book content or in journal or book production.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux in a data production environment.
* Process content and load to database using web based tools and UNIX scripts.
* Check accuracy and integrity of source data and online presentation of content.
* Conduct data analysis and troubleshoot errors; coordinate with appropriate personnel to solve programming and content-related issues.
* Track incoming content and the progress of work on multiple projects in development or production stages.
* Answer helpdesk queries from users.
* Serve as a liaison between authors and/or publishers and the NLM.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to Marc Scott, Technical Recruiter at IMC at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Please include in the subject line Online Content Specialist. For more information on IMC, please visit: www.imc.com<http://www.imc.com>