MIM Central (http://mim.umd.edu/) is the information hub for the Master of Information Program at UMD's iSchool. It provides a central distribution point for information, news, and resources for MIM students and faculty, individuals interested in learning about the MIM program, and information professional interested in information management more generally.
The MIM Community Manager and Content Curator is responsible for managing the community and developing the content on MIM Central site. This includes:
* Moderating community contributions
* Creating posts and pages that provide relevant news, information, and resources
* Promoting MIM Central in relevant forums/sites
* Leading development of MIM Central
The MIM Community Manager and Content Curator position is an hourly position ($15/hour) for 5-10 hours per week.
Candidates for this position should have good communication skills, experience searching and selecting information resources for a professional user community, be well organized and willing to take ownership and initiative to develop the community and site. Experience with social media, specifically Wordpress, is desirable, but not required. Association with the MIM program is not required.
To be considered for this position you should send the following materials to Brian Butler ([log in to unmask]):
2. A cover e-mail in which you briefly describe 3 different things that you would do to further develop MIM Central
3. Contact information for two references
For best consideration, submit your materials by 5:00pm, Friday, November 16. Selected candidates will be notified by Wednesday, November 21st.
[log in to unmask]