Infotrieve currently has an opening for a full-time Advanced Referencing Specialist in our Wilton, CT office. The position description is attached and has also been included below.
Advanced Referencing Services Specialist
Infotrieve is a global leader in information services and content management technology for businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of software solutions and services.
We are seeking a talented Advanced Referencing Services Specialist with the desire to provide top-notch service to our blue chip clients. In this role you will utilize your strong on-line search skills to conduct advanced reference work, citation verification and copyright clearance for hard-to-find documents utilizing specialized in-house and commercial databases.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional recent MLS graduate with a strong desire to work with both leading edge software and some of the most highly respected companies from a variety of industries. This position will be located in Wilton, CT and will report to our Client Services Supervisor.
· Ensure document orders are accurately matched to bibliographic records in internal databases by consulting multiple online library catalogs
· Perform searches across specialized databases to verify citations and update internal database information
· Locate source publications containing hard-to-find documents including journal articles, theses and dissertations, periodicals, conference proceedings and patents
· Obtain copyright permissions for hard-to-clear documents
· Initiate contact with publishers and vendors to fill document requests
· Communicate order status updates to clients
· MS degree in library and information science
· 2 years experience in a corporate or academic research position
· Proficiency using citation databases such as PubMed
· Knowledge of university and library catalogues
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven customer service orientation
· Strong aptitude for learning new software
How to Apply
Please send resumes to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
To learn more about Infotrieve, please visit us at www.infotrieve.com<http://www.infotrieve.com>