Job Description: Assist the Chemistry Research & Development team in the testing of a next-generation implantable glucose sensor.
* Perform sensor product performance tests.
* Conduct indicator chemistry tests using chemical assays, titrations, UV/Vis spectroscopy, fluorescence tests and other analytical methods, as needed.
* Document and analyze experimental work and present it to team
Hours: Part-time and full-time interns (24 - 40 hours / week) will be considered
Relocation: Not reimbursed. Local candidates preferred.
* Junior or senior level student working towards a degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry. Recent B.S. degree graduates will also be considered.
* Minimum 1 year of organic chemistry and analytical chemistry coursework with laboratory.
* GPA of at least 3.2.
* Previous undergraduate research or intern experience preferred.
* Good communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
Senseonics, Incorporated is a small medical device company in Germantown, Maryland focused on developing an implantable glucose sensor for people with diabetes. The system consists of a very small sensor implanted under the skin, along with an external device (e.g., an armband) that is used to communicate with the sensor.
For consideration, please submit your resume electronically to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and include "Chemistry Intern Your Name" in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer