Lead Process Engineer in the Process Data Technologies Team / Technology
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a LEAD PROCESS ENGINEER on the Process Data Technologies Team at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown. We're looking for a talented engineer with an interest in various aspects of data collection, analysis, and modeling. Successful candidate will use their skills to leverage process data as a means of supporting and driving productivity programs for our differentiated businesses and global operations.
Specific activities will focus on the areas of Real-Time Optimization using empirical modeling of (both continuous and batch) chemical processes, stochastic programming optimization, time series analysis, system identification and other data driven technologies. You will be involved in technology development programs from concept initiation through commercialization, working closely with team members from our engineering, operations, and business teams around the world. You must be able to develop a credible business case to support ideas for new data driven technology programs, and to participate effectively on or lead the multi-disciplinary teams that will develop and execute these ideas.
The Process Data Technologies, which is focused on applied research in analytics, is part of our Process and Separations Center, an R&D organization focused on research into and development of improved chemical processes and cycles, increased productivity, as well as the scale-up and commercialization of new products. This job require 10-20% travel to operating facilities around the world, and support potential career paths in R&D, operations, business or engineering, depending on personal interests.
* A minimum of five years experience (or PhD in relevant field) with the practical application of innovative solutions in industrial and business settings, with a focus on productivity and/or data analysis applications
* PhD in Engineering, specializing in one or more of the following: advanced control, process modeling, applied statistics, robust optimization, or financial modeling
* Significant experience with Matlab and related toolboxes is a required, while experience with other software is valuable (R, SQL, C++ and/or SAS)
* Working knowledge of the following is preferred: AspenTech products, system identification, signal processing, real-time software design/application, quantitative models for natural gas, power, and commodity pricing
* A track record of championing new ideas and technology
* Ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams
* Strong analytical skills (Six Sigma Black or Green Belt preferred)
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link - Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #12004BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
If interested please apply on-line at:
You can also contact [log in to unmask]