Call for Papers and Invited/Special/Tutorial Session Proposals
2014 American Control Conference
June 4-June 6, 2014
AIChE and CAST10B are encouraging contributions in the following
• Contributed papers, regular manuscripts (6 pages).
• Invited session proposals that address a unifying theme from
diverse viewpoints. Each proposal should include a statement of why the
topic is relevant, a clearly stated objective of what is meant to be
accomplished by organizing the session, and a list of the 6 papers and
authors . Those interested in organizing invited session proposals should:
1. Inform and coordinate with the 2014 CAST10B Program Coordinator.
2. List the session (when submitted online) as sponsored by the
3. Inform authors to use the session code (provided after the
session is created) when submitting their papers
It is suggested that session organizers get their proposals
in before Sept. 20, so that authors have time to submit their papers
before the Sept. 27 deadline
• Education/Tutorial session proposals that address state-of-the-art
control theory and/or industrial applications. These typically feature a
lead talk on the basic theory followed by 2-3 shorter talks on
applications of the theory. A panel discussion could also be included.
• Pre-conference workshop proposals addressing topics of current
interest to the control community. Workshops will be held on June 3, 2014.
• Special sessions, which focus on an emerging theme and feature 2-3
short talks followed by a panel discussion.
• Interactive sessions featuring posters, and hardware and software
Deadline for all submissions and proposals: September 27, 2013
Deadline for workshop proposals: October 18, 2013
2014 CAST10B Program Coordinator
2014 AIChE Society Review Chair for ACC
Tyler A. Soderstrom Ph.D.
Sr. Staff Engineer
PE Lead Applications Engineer, North American Growth Project
ExxonMobil Research & Engineering
(713) 350-7147 Phone
[log in to unmask]