Subject: Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair Fall 2013
Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair Fall 2013
Friday, November 01, 2013 • 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Location: LeFrak Hall, Room 1124
The Geographical Sciences Advising Office, in cooperation with the University
Career Center & The President’s Promise, sponsors a semi-annual career and
internship fair every semester that attracts students with an interest in
Geography, Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Science and
Policy. Public, private and non-profit employers attend to seek out potential
interns and employees. ALL MAJORS and alumni of the UMD College Park campus
are welcome. Below is a sample list of employers who have registered. Review
what the employers are recruiting for by visiting,
• Association of American Geographers
• Central Maryland Regional Transit
• Federal Semester and Global Semester in Washington, D.C.
• Geographic Services, Inc.
• Maryland Department of Planning
• NASA DEVELOP
• National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to
• National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
• Peace Corps
• SYNCADD Systems Inc.
• UMD CAMPUS GIS
• UMD- BSOS Global Scholars
• UMD-Masters of Professional Studies in Geospatial Information
Learn how to put your best foot forward by reviewing tips at,
www.Careers.umd.edu/FairPrep. For additional information about this event,
contact Crystal Sehlke at [log in to unmask] * Professional attire encouraged.
Contact Person: Crystal Sehlke
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]