One of our clients in Millersville, MD is currently looking for a current student or recent graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering. Please send an email with your resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are interested!
- Enrollment in an Electrical or Computer Engineering program at an accredited university
- Course work in digital circuit design and basic programming, specific experience with FPGA and VHDL development tools (ISE/Vivado, Quartus, ModelSim, Synplicity)
- Relevant knowledge in digital electronics, control systems, electrical power, circuit designs and signal processing
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- C/C++ programming experience required with additional languages preferred
Day to Day:
- This individual will be under the general direction of the Electrical Group Lead, work with a mentoring Senior or Staff Electrical Engineer to support design and test of state-of-the-art electrical systems used in underwater sonar and oil exploration equipment. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement and navigation. Major activities include digital and analog electronic circuit design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and embedded microprocessors.
There will be weeks of training but previous experience in the follow are extremely beneficial because some of the responsibilities will consist of:
- Support embedded system design work including VHDL development for Xilinx, Altera and Actel families of FPGAs. Perform VHDL analysis with ModelSim software.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Implement digital telemetry interfaces to A/D convertors and analog sensors.
- Conduct tests on circuit card and system assemblies following established test procedures.
- Use electrical engineer tools, including Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and Logic Analyzers to test and debug circuit card assemblies.
100 E. Pratt St., Suite 2530
Baltimore, MD 21202
(443) 733-1280 Office
(410) 244-5615 Fax
IGI Dial 2019
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
This message, and any attachments, are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain information that is legally privileged and/or confidential. It is the property of Insight Global. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this message and/or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the original message, any copies thereof, and any attachments from your system.
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com