CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

September 2014

From:
Austin Feng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 01:30:45 -0400
Subject: Clinical Volunteer Program Opportunity

Our Program

This program was established by students from the University of Maryland,
College Park to improve community healthcare in surrounding areas,
particularly Montgomery County. Inspired by the need for support seen in
local clinics, the program works to provide resources and help to local
clinics that serve disadvantaged residents. We strive to establish an
efficient pipeline of passionate students from UMD to assist these clinics
and ultimately develop innovative projects to improve the quality of
healthcare. In this way, students interested in getting relevant clinical and
health-related experiences can do so while aiding local clinics. Our network
currently consists of Mercy Health Clinic, Proyecto Salud Clinic in Wheaton,
and Proyecto Salud Clinic in Olney.

We are currently looking for students that want to help out undeserved
communities while working in a health care environment. Freshmen and
sophomores are preferred as well as Spanish speakers. If this is something
that you are interested in and want to learn more about, please email
[log in to unmask] with a brief summary about why you want to
join our program and your resume.

Contact Person: Austin Feng