Subject: UTAs for Microbiology Spring 2015
BSCI348A = Microbiology Teaching Practicum is a 3-credit course for
Undergraduate Teaching Assistants (UTAs)
STUDENTS in BSCI348A:
* earn 3 credits that can be used to fulfill the enrichment credit
requirement for Biological Sciences Majors
* work side-by-side with a Graduate Teaching Assistant in a lab section in
BSCI223 or BSCI283
* work with faculty to develop and implement new teaching strategies
* send an email to Dr. Stewart -- [log in to unmask]
* subject line: MicroUTA
* indicate your major, current gpa, and list of BSCI courses you have
completed (or are enrolled in)
* explain why you would like to be a UTA and why you would be good at it
* list the lab sections (or days & times) that would fit your schedule
* Students must have completed BSCI223 or BSCI283 with a grade of A or B.
* 3rd and 4th year students with a gpa >3.2 are preferred.
* Lab sections are assigned on a rolling basis.
Contact Person: Dr. Richard Stewart
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]