Subject: Research Associated position at OncoPlexDx
Job title Research Associate
Department Research & Development
Reports to Director of Lab Operations
Date October 17, 2014
The full time Research Associate position is part of a dynamic team focused
on the development of new high-value
cancer assays that enable sensitive, quantitative high-throughput analysis of
proteins in human tissue. The position is
located in the Company’s corporate headquarters in the Maryland biotech
corridor near Washington DC.
• Perform experiments
• Perform hands-on laboratory work necessary for development and
characterization of methods for protein
analysis products with minimal supervision.
• General lab duties will include preparation of tissue and cell culture
samples, processing samples for protein
isolation, quantitation and analysis assays; cell culture; biochemical
techniques; operation of laboratory
equipment such as: microplate reader, electrophoresis apparatus, imaging
system, and laser microdissection
• Support manufacturing and Operations service projects.
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, data analysis and
maintain laboratory notebooks.
B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology or
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience or M.S. degree with a minimum of 1-year
laboratory experience in an industry
• Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution, review, and
interpretation of experiments.
• Previous GLP, GMP or CLIA laboratory experience desirable.
• Experience working with tissue samples, histology/cytology procedures,
immunohistochemistry and in situ
hybridization techniques desirable.
• Demonstrated use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in an early stage company environment that requires
hands-on implementation, optimal use of
limited resources and an ability to work closely with others in a small team
> Wei-Li Liao, Ph.D.
> Senior Scientist
> OncoPlex Diagnostics
> 9620 Medical Center Dr., Suite 100
> Rockville, MD 20850
> [log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Wei-Li Liao, Ph.D.
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]