Subject: Deadline Approaching: Undergraduate Research in Marine Sciences –
Maryland Sea Grant REU
Since 1989, NSF has supported bringing students to conduct individual
research projects with a scientist-mentor at either Chesapeake Biological Lab
or Horn Point Lab of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental
Science. This is a great opportunity to conduct research with a mentor and
spend a summer by the Chesapeake Bay.
- Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/12l2dLr
- 12 week program: May 17 to August 9, 2015.
- $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
- Applications due: February 20, 2015
- Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php
We select undergraduates in diverse disciplines, including engineering,
biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and
We are particularly interested in supporting talented students from
institutions where access to marine science and to research projects is
limited and who are from underrepresented groups in science, technology,
engineering and math (STEM).
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at [log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Mike Allen
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]