Research Summer Intern @ Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
The Strategic Development group at Rockwell Automation has a summer internship available for advanced
analytics at its Austin, Texas location. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research team and
fulfill following responsibilities
• Apply knowledge in advanced control and optimization topics to develop novel advanced analytics
techniques for a variety of applied industrial applications.
• Develop theories for advanced analytics by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying state-
of-the-art concepts and approaches.
• Devise practical methods to supplement existing non-linear control algorithms to provide
capability for advanced analytics under study.
• Write robust and effective code to implement and test hypothesized methods.
• Complete documentation detailing work, to ensure reproducibility of effort.
• Assist in first-principles modeling of unit operations as necessary.
Must currently be in pursuit of a PhD or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or related
technical field. Minimum of 2 years in a PhD degree program to date.
Research topic in contemporary control theory and application, analyzing information, problem solving.
Good programming skills in Python, software debugging, software documentation, and software testing.
Location Austin, TX
Contact Apurva Samudra ([log in to unmask])
Instructions for submitting the application online:
1. Go to https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=12166&siteid=107
2. Click on Search Openings link on the left
3. Use “56258BR” as Requisition Number
4. Follow the “View Jobs” link after selecting 56258BR
5. To apply, click on “Submit to Job” and follow the on-screen instructions
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer