CAST10 Archives

September 2015

From:
Satyajith Amaran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satyajith Amaran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 00:30:41 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

There will be a CAST session at the 2016 Spring AIChE Meeting (Apr 10-14,
2016) in Houston, TX titled 'Decision-making for Industrial Process
Systems'. The official deadline for abstract submission is November 2nd.
Emphasis will be on industrial applications and case studies. Below is a
brief description of the session. Please contact me if you are interested
in presenting.

Session description:
Modern methods for mathematical programming and uncertainty quantification,
along with availability of robust implementations have enabled wider use of
systems ideas for decision-making in the chemical industry. We invite
contributions on the use of process systems engineering concepts in current
industrial practice. Emphasis will be on the use of statistical,
optimization, control, and simulation techniques for improvement of process,
plant, and site-wide operations. Presentation of real-world industrial case
studies is highly encouraged.

Regards,
Satya Amaran