CAST10 Archives

March 2016

From:
Sahinidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sahinidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2016 08:50:34 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to let you know that Leo Chiang has been selected as the
recipient of the 2016 AIChE Herbert Epstein Award for Technical
Programming for organizing the Big Data Topical during the Spring 2015
meeting. While I take credit merely for selecting Leo to organize this
topical for CAST, Leo put in an extraordinary effort in conceiving and
orchestrating all aspects of the topical. According to AIChE, ``the
topical was the cornerstone “new draw” for the Spring 2015 meeting, was
highly attended and attracted new Spring attendance from CAST, and
others involved in IT/analytics/data analysis who had not recently
participated in AIChE meetings.'' Please spread the word about CAST's
Big Data Topical to any potentially interested parties. CAST continues
this programming effort in 2016 and possibly beyond. Many thanks to Leo
for his continued efforts in this regard.

Best wishes,
Nick Sahinidis
CAST Programming Chair