Subject: Summer 2016 Research Assistant Positions at the Comprehensive
Assessment and Intervention Program.
Research Assistant Position
Comprehensive Assessment and Intervention Program (CAIP)
The Comprehensive Assessment and Intervention Program (CAIP), directed by Dr.
Andres De Los Reyes, conducts clinic-based research trying to understand the
best ways to assess and treat behavioral and emotional problems in children
and adolescents. Students in the CAIP Lab receive extensive research and
clinical training in diagnostic and treatment protocols for specific
psychological conditions in childhood and adolescence, namely social anxiety
in teenagers. The CAIP laboratory seeks to improve methods for assessing
adolescent social anxiety and parent-adolescent interactions.
Much of our research could be of interest to students wishing to pursue
graduate work in a variety of fields, such as clinical, developmental,
cognitive and social psychology areas, social work, counseling, and medicine.
- Recruit and assist in the completion of study assessments
- Train to administer computer-based, behavioral, and structured interview
- Administer physiological assessments
- Manage data collection
- Assist on weekends, with training at regular intervals during the week
- Commit to two consecutive semesters of service.
- Minimum of 10 hours a week of volunteer work.
- With the exception of religious observances, we expect volunteers to commit
to assisting on weekend assessments.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Detail oriented
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply:
The application can be found at:
Please email the completed application to Dr. Andres De Los Reyes at:
[log in to unmask]
Event Date: May 31, 2016
Contact Person: Dr. Andres De Los Reyes
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]