Subject: Clemson University Wildlife Summer Camp Counselors Needed
Title: Marine Science Instructor/Counselor
Work Dates: May - August 2017
Location: Awendaw, SC (20 miles from Charleston)
To lead, instruct, and supervise campers (ages 8-16) in all areas of Marine
Science Curriculum and perform duties that are required by the Camp Director.
The camp runs out of a coastal area in South Carolina. It has direct access
to the Intracoastal Waterway and we take trips out to a barrier island for
nature hikes and marine studies. During the week, trips are made to
aquariums, water parks, environmental education centers, and the ocean for
surfing. At camp we take the campers into the salt marsh, crabbing, cast
netting, as well as study dolphins and turtles. Various large and small group
games are also led throughout the week. You can take a look at our camp by
going to our website at http://seweesummer.camp/
• Teach all components of the Marine Science Curriculum (training
• Lead students in daily program classes and activities (group games, team
building, wake-up, meals, canteen, campfire, and rap-up).
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating
in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
• Assist with routine cleanup.
• Set-up and maintenance of site and program areas.
• Perform direct supervision of children while involved in classes and
activities (on- and off-site).
• Perform camp counselor duties including staying and attending to campers
over night while they are at camp.
• Pursuing a BA or BS in Marine Science, Biology, Wildlife and Fisheries
Biology, Parks and Recreation, or related field is preferred but not
necessary to apply (applies to Juniors, Seniors, and College Graduates.)
• Residential camp experience preferred.
• Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work
and live with campers and staff.
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative
“hands-on” teaching methods.
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team
pursuing one common goal and objective.
$440 - $580 twice a month plus lodging, meals during camp and a
sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Please send your resume and three professional references to Candice
Heatherly at [log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Candice Heatherly
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Contact Phone Number: 864.878.1103
Website URL: http://seweesummer.camp/