Subject: JOIN UMCPFA
JOIN UMCPF AMBASSADORS!
The University of Maryland College Park Foundation Ambassadors are looking
for students to serve in this elite organization. (For more information about
the UMCPF, go to http://umcpf.org/)
By networking with trustees, Ambassadors will strengthen the connection
between these closest friends of the University and our students.
· hosting Trustees on campus and at board meetings, and providing
support at campus events that involve university trustees and donors
· completing a minimum of 20 service hours each semester, mainly by
attending trustee meetings, signing personalized thank-you notes and
attending monthly ambassador meetings.
· full-time undergraduates in their second year or above with at
least one year at Maryland, or graduate students with at least one year at
· preference for students with significant campus involvement and passion
for the University
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, and a commitment to
· good academic and disciplinary standing
· a completed application and three references (one must be professional
but the other two may be academic or personal). Letters of recommendation are
· minimum 3.0 GPA
· commitment to serve at least one academic year
APPLICATION CRITICAL DATES:
The application is due Wednesday, April 5. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be contacted for an interview by Friday, April 14.
Interviews for finalists for next year’s Ambassadors will be held April
Additionally, Ambassadors must be able to attend the spring board meeting
here on campus on Thursday and Friday, May 11-12.
Contact Person: Ram Hirpara
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]