Subject: Java Software Engineer Position (Full-Time): PayPal, Maryland office
Applications are being accepted for the full-time position of Java software
engineer at PayPal's Timonium, Md., location. Open to computer science and
computer engineering students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
•Participate in development and implementation of technical systems.
•Implement shared components and frameworks using Java in a Linux/Solaris
•Work in an agile environment with Product Management, QA, and Operations
teammates to ensure we develop the correct product for the job at hand.
•Play an active role in providing feedback across the team through code
•Driven by intellectual curiosity to understand both the why and the how of
software you work on.
• Strong Java skills.
• Understand the concepts around concurrency and transactions.
• Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, Guice, etc).
• Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (Hibernate, JPA
• Experience with the maven build tool.
• Knowledge of distributed systems software design and understanding of TCP
fundamentals, computer architecture, storage and IO subsystems.
• SQL experience (preferably Oracle).
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
• NodeJS, Grails or experience with other web application frameworks.
• HTML/Java Script experience
Apply in Careers4Terps: job ID number 153402. Applications accepted until
Contact Person: Heather Caudill
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]