Subject: Internship in Archive Inventory at US Library of Congress (paid)
Internship available in the Library of Congress, Deposit Copy Storage Unit
for students seeking careers in Asset Management, Computer Science,
Information Technology, Building/Property Management, Facilities Operations,
and Quality Assurance or related building services.
The intern will conduct inventories of copyright archived materials, fragile
collection pieces and record materials. Major duties will include among
others the following:
- Prepare copyright deposit for image preservation; photograph deposit
material, inventory deposits boxing and label inventoried materials
- Photograph regular and oversized materials by category for the image
- Determine if all deposits and documents are present and in the correct
order; resolve presentation obstacles by rearranging and staging materials
- Arrange, label, place material in boxes for subsequent imaging, as
- Create a digital image catalog that is viewable on-line
The schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The
salary is $13.84 per hour (GS 3). This is a 90 to 120 day appointment. The
tentative start date is May 30, 2017.
To apply: email a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask] by
May 1, 2017 to be considered.
Contact Person: Katrina Anderson
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]