Subject: Part Time Lab Assistant Position
HJF is seeking a Part Time Laboratory Assistant to support the Military HIV
Research Program (MHRP) located at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
(WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and
programmatic support services to MHRP. Responsibilities are to provide
routine semi-technical work involving a variety of laboratory support duties.
Work involves performance of a variety of laboratory tasks of minimal
complexity to assist in the maintenance and operation of a research or
1. Assists in assembling equipment and in preparing materials for
2. Prepares reagents, solutions, and culture media.
3. Maintains and provides custodial care for laboratory specimens, slides,
models, equipment, supplies, and glassware.
4. Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies.
5. Assists in conducting semi-routine experiments and analyses.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: knowledge of basic laboratory
equipment and supplies; ability to follow detailed instructions; ability to
handle multiple tasks
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High School graduate, college level
lab course work may be considered to meet this requirement.
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of laboratory experience
Physical Capabilities: handles glassware and chemical solutions
Work Environment: laboratory environment
Contact Person: Nicole Mazzella
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Website URL: http://careers.hjf.org