We are organizing an invited session titled "Data Analytics and Machine Learning" at the
10th IFAC Conference on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes (ADCHEM 2018),
Shenyang, China (http://adchem2018.org). In the last few years, there have been
tremendous advances in data analytics and machine learning in many engineering
disciplines. There are several new avenues of research that are being explored using
machine learning algorithms involving conversion of raw amorphous data into
knowledge whether it takes the form of visualization tools or models or other decision
enabling information. This invited session aims to bring together recent advances in
data analytics and machine learning as applied to chemical and process industries.
Some topics of interest, include:
1. Advanced data analytics and machine-learning methods for estimation, monitoring,
diagnosis, control and optimization.
2. Application of machine-learning in chemical, process and pharmaceutical industry.
3. Machine-learning methods for big data analytics.
4. Artificial intelligence/reinforcement-learning/deep-learning methods for the process
5. Perspective/review articles on data analytics and machine-learning.
6. Methods for process data visualization.
7. Soft-sensors for process industry.
8. Predictive maintenance.
We would like you to consider submitting papers to this invited session. If you are
interested, please send a tentative title before September 20th by email to
[log in to unmask]
Aditya Tulsyan, Amgen Inc., USA ([log in to unmask])
Leo Chiang, Dow Chemicals, USA ([log in to unmask])
Bhushan Gopaluni, University of British Columbia, Canada ([log in to unmask])