My new book "Learn Aspen Plus in 24 Hours" (ISBN 978-1-260-11645-8, $60,
208pp) is now available for preorder through McGraw-Hill with a release
date of August 25, 2017. The book, made in partnership with the CAChE Corp,
was made after CAChE identified a need for better educational materials for
teaching Aspen Plus in chemical engineering.
* Consists of twelve, 2-hour tutorials that take a student from no prior
experience to advanced problem solving skills.
* Developed over a seven year period with the feedback from students and
professors at McMaster University, Auburn University, North Carolina State
University, Northwestern University, and West Virginia University
* The book is not a user guide or reference manual. It is an experiential
learning tool designed to teach critical thinking, problem solving, and
troubleshooting skills while teaching how to use the software.
* Excellent for process design and/or flowsheet simulation type courses
* Can be used piecemeal over the duration of the chemical engineering
curriculum, such that some chapters could be used in mass & energy
balances, heat transfer, separations, reactions, and other courses.
For more information about the book, including pre-ordering information,
specific advice on how to integrate the book into your courses, and
workshop materials developed for the ASEE summer school, see:
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have
([log in to unmask]).
Thomas A. Adams II
Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering
[log in to unmask]