Subject: Instructor Job Description
Mathnasium is the industry leader in providing supplemental math education to
children in 2nd through 12th grades. Our passionate instructors are math
certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each
individual child’s needs in mind.
Our talented instructors experience daily the impact they make. Mathnasium
provides for success by finding the right starting point (through diagnostic
testing) and building confidence and self–esteem through successful
encounter and interaction with carefully selected materials.
The benefits of working for Mathnasium include no lesson planning, provided
instruction materials, paid training, and the difference you make in
As a part-time Mathnasium Instructor, you will be trained on the Mathnasium
curriculum and teaching methods. You will provide personalized math
instruction in any of the following elementary Math through Pre-Algebra,
Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, College Algebra,
Statistics and Calculus.
This is a part-time position varying from about 6 to 25 hrs per week,
depending on the programs you are able to instruct and your availability.
Flexible work hours are in afternoons and evenings Monday through Thursday
and Saturday morning and early afternoon.
“As a successful Instructor, you will:”
· Teach using Mathnasium based programs
· Interact with and motivate students during the instruction hour
· Reward students for completed assignments
· Evaluate and document student progress
· Communicate student needs to the center director
· Assist in keeping the center clean and orderly (before, during and after
· Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
· Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching math
· Minimum freshman college level mathematics
· Mathematics competency based on Mathnasium skills assessment.
· Enthusiasm for mathematics
· Good social and communication skills
· Willingness to learn the Mathnasium teaching method though on the job
Event Date: August 17, 2017
Event Location: Downtown Silver Spring
Contact Person: Chinnababu Gudapati
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Contact Phone Number: 2404555055
Website URL: http://http://www.mathnasium.com/downtownsilverspring