Subject: Research Assistant (Nov 2017)
A nutrition database group in Beltsville, MD seeks a Research Assistant for a
dietary supplement database project. Laboratory data are received, graphed,
and evaluated statistically. This project is funded by NIH and on site at the
U.S. Department of Agriculture (https://dsid.usda.nih.gov).
The Research Assistant will perform the following duties:
1) Data entry and auditing of data about commercial dietary supplement
products purchased for chemical analysis
2) Data compilation and analysis using Microsoft Excel, Access, or other
3) Design data formats and visualization using software such as Origin or
4) Create programs/tools to improve data analysis efficiency and data quality
5) Organize and process dietary supplement samples for shipment to
6) Collaborate with team members in research discussions
7) Document research activities and decisions
A Bachelor’s degree in science, math or information technology (IT) and
strong IT skills are required. Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with Microsoft Access is
strongly preferred. Experience working with R, SAS, SQL or data visualization
software (Tableau) is a plus
This position requires logical thinking and organizational skills, and the
ability to accurately record and check data, communicate effectively in a
team environment, and document project status.
This is a 1 year full-time (hourly) position and will begin in December 2017
or January 2018. No medical benefits are available.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
[log in to unmask]
Your cover letter should include your availability, your interest, experience
and technical skills and at least 2 professional references.
Contact Person: Karen Andrews
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Contact Phone Number: 3015040710