As you may know, the deadline for contributions to the FOCAPD 2019 conference is coming up quickly, and we would love to see contributions from you and your research colleagues.
To ensure ample time for preparation of quality contributions, we are extending the deadline for submissions to December 14th, 2018. Also note that we are accepting 6-page papers OR 2-page abstracts for the conference. Please see the website: focapd.org for more details about the conference.
FOCAPD 19 is an international conference that brings together the best in the world in process design. The conference will take place July 14-18th in Copper Mountain Colorado about 1.5 hours from the Denver International airport. We have an exciting program that includes a special session to honor the contributions of Professor Roger Sargent, and a line-up of invited speakers on wide-raging topics including:
- Traditional process and product design approaches and applications
- Advanced manufacturing and agile design
- High-performance computing, design tools, and optimization
- Sustainability and energy systems
- Machine learning and design
- Modular design and process intensification
In addition to the keynote addresses and invited presentations from leaders in the field, the heart of the conference is the evening poster sessions that promote interaction and provide a venue for discussion that is unparalleled. We would be delighted to have contributions from you and your research colleagues.
Even if you are not able to submit an abstract due to time, or due to concerns about confidential data, we strongly encourage you and your colleagues or students to attend FOCAPD 19 and lend your voice to the future directions for the field.
Thanks, and we hope to see you, and your research colleagues, in Colorado next summer.
A few more conference details:
- The conference website contains additional information. Please see focapd.org.
- The conference will be in Copper Mountain Colorado from July 14-18th 2019.
- We will have an opening plenary on Sunday and a closing plenary on Thursday with a banquet.
- The resort is located about 1.5 hours from Denver by shuttle bus.
- It will be a Gordon-style conference with time in the afternoons on Tuesday and Wednesday to interact with colleagues and enjoy summer activities in the surrounding mountains.
- We are also planning additional workshops on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for those interested.