Dear CAST colleagues,
Cornell University is conducting a search in BEE for someone working on systems engineering (link to position announcement: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12546) to fill an Assistant Professor position. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a nationally recognized research program in one or more areas of complex systems engineering such as, but not limited to:
• Developing quantitative, predictive and computational modeling of food-water-energy systems that increase our decision support capability for critical systems;
• Multi-disciplinary and multi-scale (with emphasis on a larger scale) representations of food-water-energy systems with safety and/or security in mind
• Using data, network and computing resources for autonomous reasoning and for synergizing robots and humans to improve efficiency, productivity, and sustainability;
• Real-time, high-resolution forecasting of plant development, yield and pests, energy/water expenditure, and agricultural sustainability using a mixture of structural models, AI, spatial statistics and machine learning;
• Using data and mathematical models for analysis of the ecosystem services of interconnected food, water and/or energy systems in affecting human well-being;
• Exploiting new data streams to advance biological system adaptation, resilience, stress mitigation and pest resistance.
Please encourage any appropriate candidates to apply.
Fengqi You, PhD
Roxanne E. and Michael J. Zak Professor
Mail: 318 Olin Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853
Email: [log in to unmask]