In order to give everyone ampl time to complete their submissions, the conference organizers have extended the deadline for submissions to FOCAPD 2019 to Thursday, Dec. 20th, 2018.
Note that we are accepting 6-page papers as well as shorter abstracts up to 2 pages in length.
We are also working with various sponsors to obtain support for grants focused on supporting travel for graduate students and junior faculty. More details on the travel grant process will follow in the new year.
Please see the website http://www.focapd.org to submit your contribution. We have included some additional details on the conference below. Don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions.
FOCAPD 19 is an international conference that brings together the best in the world in process design. The conference will take place July 14-18th in Copper Mountain Colorado about 1.5 hours from the Denver International airport. We have an exciting program that includes a special session to honor the contributions of Professor Roger Sargent, and a line-up of invited speakers on wide-raging topics including:
- Traditional process and product design approaches and applications
- Advanced manufacturing and agile design
- High-performance computing, design tools, and optimization
- Sustainability and energy systems
- Machine learning and design
- Modular design and process intensification
In addition to the keynote addresses and invited presentations from leaders in the field, the heart of the conference is the evening poster sessions that promote interaction and provide a venue for discussion that is unparalleled. We would be delighted to have contributions from you and your research colleagues.
Even if you are not able to submit an abstract due to time, or due to concerns about confidential data, we strongly encourage you and your colleagues or students to attend FOCAPD 19 and lend your voice to the future directions for the field.
Thanks, and we hope to see you, and your research colleagues, in Colorado next summer.
A few notes about the conference:
- The conference will be in Copper Mountain Colorado from July 14-18th 2019.
- We will have an opening plenary on Sunday and a closing plenary on Thursday with a banquet.
- The resort is located about 1.5 hours from Denver by shuttle bus.
- It will be a Gordon-style conference with time in the afternoons on Tuesday and Wednesday to interact with colleagues and enjoy summer activities in the surrounding mountains.
- We are also planning additional workshops on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for those interested.