Research Scientist: Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
The Strategic Development group at Rockwell Automation (http://www.rockwellautomation.com) has a research position available for a data scientist with interest in applying data science to complex real-world problems at its Austin, Texas location. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research and development team that is focused on creating advanced analytics solutions for manufacturing enterprises. The specific activities include interaction with customers, formulating customer problem, applying data science expertise to solve the identified problem, and encapsulating the successful solution in a manner that is usable by domain experts with lower data science expertise.
• Strong Background in statistical data analysis (familiarity with Big data analysis is a plus).
• Strong background in machine learning. Of special interest is the ability to apply efficient machine learning solutions amenable to real-time deployment.
• Programming background with languages such as Python, C/C++.
• Willingness to deal with real-world datasets
• Familiarity with model-based machine learning.
• Familiarity with optimization theory and applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse technical backgrounds and across technologies, disciplines and functions.
• Degree (Minimum of B.Sc. - M.Sc. or Ph.D is a plus) in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science specializing in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Statistical Data Analysis, Learning Algorithms for Big data.
Salary and contract conditions:
• Compensation package will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicant.
• Minimal travel requirements.
Interested candidates can contact Bijan Sayyarrodsari, Director of Advanced Analytics at Rockwell Automation ([log in to unmask]).