CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

June 2019

From:
Grey Mair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2019 11:40:09 -0400
Subject: Paid Summer Jobs for Student Activists!

This summer, the Fund for the Public Interest is hiring paid campaign staff
to go out and build public support for critical environmental and public
health campaigns. In College Park, we are working with Environment Maryland
to pass a statewide ban on plastic grocery bags! We will also work with
Maryland PIRG later this summer to protect public health.

We are looking for staff who communicate well, are ready to work hard, and
want to make positive social change! We know folks involved with MARYPIRG
Students are great candidates for the job! If you are interested in hearing
more, you should fill out your info at the link below!

Our staff get the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in grassroots
organizing, learn valuable communication skills and have the opportunity to
participate in a variety of campaign actions including: running media events,
petitioning, canvassing, fundraising, and writing letters to the editor, all
while being paid as members of our staff. Our staff typically earn an average
of $13-17/hour. If you're looking for a job this summer to have fun, gain
skills, and make a difference you should fill out your information at the
link below!

Link: https://fundforthepublicinterest.org/apply-now.htmld

Contact Person: Sonja Neve