Subject: Paid summer internship at the FDA
Position: Paid Summer Internship – Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology,
Division: Division of Biology, Chemistry and Materials Science
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Project: The student will assist in the development of genetic tools for
detection of bacteria present on medical devices. The student will be trained
in the methods of PCR, bacterial cloning, bacterial conjugation, genetic
transformation, antimicrobial selection, and fluorescence/luminescence
detection. The student will assist in the preparation of media, plasmid
purification, and preparation of bacterial cell and cultures.
1. Undergraduate (rising junior or senior preferred) studying microbiology,
molecular biology, or biochemistry.
2. Experienced and confident in working in the laboratory, experience with
3. Preferred experience with techniques in molecular cloning and bacterial
recombinant DNA protocols (e.g., bacterial transformation, directional
cloning with restriction enzymes).
4. Available at least 4-5 hours Monday through Friday between July and
September (specific dates are flexible).
5. Available to begin as early July 2019.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants may send their cover letter, resume or CV
to [log in to unmask] as soon as possible.
Contact Person: Jon Weeks
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
You received this email because you are subscribed to the Daily eNews for CMNS Students (CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message signoff CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS in the body.