A Scientia PhD scholarship in the area of Process Systems Engineering/Process Control at School of Chemical Engineering, the University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) is available:
Project title: System behaviour based process control using big process operating data
With implementation of digital control systems, a very large amount of process operation data is being collected in the process industry. This project will develop a novel data-centric control approach that utilizes the big process data to improve the cost-effectiveness of process operations, by integrating control theory with machine learning techniques (e.g. random forests). A knowledge base of process system behaviours is extracted from the big process data and used for online data-driven control based on system behavioural theory. This approach will be implemented to a number of industrial processes.
This is a multidisciplinary project. The ideal candidate should have the background of chemical engineering, electrical engineering or computer science and research experience in at least one of the following areas: process control, control theory and machine learning.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
* Work on high quality research projects with the best supervisory teams in world class environments
* 41K Australian dollars per year stipend (tax free) for four years
* Tuition fees covered for the full 4 year period
* Coaching and mentoring will form a critical part of your highly personalised leadership development plan
* Up to 10K Australian dollars each year to build your career and support your international research collaborations
Deadline for EoI: 12 July 2019
If you are interested, please submit an expression of interest to Prof. Jie Bao ([log in to unmask]) via the following website by 12 July 2019:
See the attachment for details.
Professor Jie Bao
Acting Head of School
School of Chemical Engineering
NSW 2052, Australia
Tel: +61 (2) 9385-6755
Fax: +61 (2) 9385-5966
E-mail: [log in to unmask]