Subject: JOB: Looking for super TA for BSCI170/171
Looking for one full time super TA for BSCI170/171 (or two half time super
TAs if needed)
- Teach three 3-hour lab sections (ca. 24 students, each) of BSCI171, which
shall include: teaching two 3-hour lab sections, grading students assignments
and exams; holding office hours and interacting with students in a timely
manner through email, telephone and other social media; entering grades and
updating section-specific information on the course classroom management
system (ELMS); attending and participating in the weekly laboratory
preparation meeting (Fridays, 2-5pm).
- Supporting instructors in the lecture course associated with this lab (BSCI
170) – these responsibilities shall include; grading lecture exams,
attending lectures (at the discretion of the lecture instructor); holding
office hours and interacting with students in a timely manner through email,
telephone and other social media; entering grades and updating
section-specific information on the course classroom management system
- Assist with teaching-laboratory management – preparation of laboratory
materials and the weekly setup and tear-down of labs
- Bachelors degree in Biology
- Experience working in a biological laboratory; the preparation of chemical
solutions and reagents; preparation of biological materials for
electrophoresis and PCR.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position please contact Dr. Saavedra at
[log in to unmask] and provide: CV, student records or UID; and the name of a
faculty that can act as reference.
Contact Person: Francisca Saavedra
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
You received this email because you are subscribed to the Daily eNews for CMNS Students (CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message signoff CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS in the body.