Dear CAST colleagues,
First and foremost, please accept our wishes for health, safety, creativity and great spirits in these challenging times.
It is my pleasure to invite you to contribute a manuscript to the Special Issue we co-edit with Prof. Serafim Bakalis on "Digitalisation in Food and Beverage Manufacturing"; this will appear in Food and Bioproducts Processing (CiteScore: 3.60, Impact Factor: 3.324), an official publication of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE), UK.
The detailed Call for Papers can be found at:
SCOPE & TOPICS
This Special Issue on ‘Digitalisation of Food and Beverage Manufacturing’ aims to capture the current state of the art and portray novel advances in the development, application and industrial implementation of model-based tools to address and advance the basic understanding, design and optimisation of food and beverage manufacturing processes.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Development of first-principles and/or data-driven models of physicochemical behaviour during processing
- Design of food and beverage products/formulations
- Innovative food and beverage manufacturing processes emphasising modelling and/or Big Data acquisition
- Design and optimization of food and beverage processes via advanced physicochemical models
- Hybrid modelling combining first-principles models with (Big) Data-driven concepts in food and drink
- Feedstock composition variability and effect of input uncertainty on end-product quality specs consistency
- Production planning, scheduling, logistics and transportation under explicit material behaviour constraints
- High-throughput platforms for experimentation, Big Data-driven approaches and pilot/case studies in food and beverage manufacturing
- Quality by Design (QbD) studies for established or novel, bulk or structured food and beverage products.
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) studies with explicit quantification of processing, storage, and transportation impacts on cost, supply chain robustness and sustainability
- Sensor development and calibration for food and beverage quality control
- Process control, multivariate analysis, monitoring, and fault detection in the food and beverage industry
May we kindly ask you to notify the Managing Editor, Ms Catherine Cliffe ([log in to unmask]) as soon as possible, but no later than 31 May 2020, about intended submissions, along with a provisional title, abstract and details of authors. The deadline for manuscript submission is 31 October 2020. To ensure that all manuscripts are correctly identified for inclusion in the special issue, please select ‘SI: Digitalisation F&B’ when choosing the 'Article Type' during the submission process.
For more information on the journal, manuscript preparation and submission:
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you require additional information.
On behalf of the Guest Editors,
Dr Dimitrios Gerogiorgis
Senior Lecturer (Assoc. Prof.) in Chemical Engineering
Director of the MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering
School of Engineering (IMP), University of Edinburgh, UK