CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS February 2021

Ask a Urologist: Q&A

UMCP KDSAP <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Feb 2021 22:13:41 -0500

Subject: Ask a Urologist: Q&A

Join The University of Maryland Chapter of The Kidney Disease Screening and
Awareness Program (UMCP KDSAP) for the second event of our Ask an Expert
Speaker Series on Thursday, March 11th from 6-7pm! KDSAP will host a
student-led dialogue on the journey to medicine, residency, and professional
development in the field of urology and medical research. Our featured guest
speaker is Dr. Kevin Pineault MD, a UMD alum and first-year urology resident
doctor at NYU Langone Health.

A few words from our speaker:
“Hello everyone! I graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park
with a degree in Bioengineering in May 2016. While at UMCP, I participated in
multiple organizations including residence life as an RA, the UMD Pre-medical
Society, and undergraduate research with Associate Prof. Christopher Jewell
in the department of bioengineering, where I completed my undergraduate
research thesis. I continued my medical degree at Johns Hopkins University
where I got involved in pediatric oncology, plastic surgery, otolaryngology,
and urology clinical research. I'm now a first year urology resident at NYU
Langone Health where I'm continuing research in urologic oncology and male
infertility. When not in the hospital, I can be found running along the East
River, citi-biking around Central Park, and eating too much pizza and lox
bagels at my favorite Murray Hill local spots. I look forward to answering
your questions about anything related to medical school, residency, research
and anything else!”

Please register for the event at ter.ps/kdsapuro prior to the event, and
submit any questions you may have for Dr. Pineault at ter.ps/kdsapuroqa. We
hope to see you there!