Two Ph.D. student positions are available in Dr. Qiugang (Jay) Lu’s Lab (https://www.depts.ttu.edu/che/faculty/jay_lu/index.php) at the Department of Chemical Engineering in the Edward J. Whitacre College of Engineering, Texas Tech University, USA, anticipated to start in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022. The successful candidates will work on research projects in the fields of data-driven dynamical modeling, control of high-dimensional systems, and fault diagnosis with machine learning techniques, for battery management systems, power network, and complex chemical processes. Interested candidates should send a CV detailing academic achievements, transcripts and a personal statement to Dr. Lu at [log in to unmask] All applicants need to satisfy the graduate program admission requirements of Chemical Engineering Department with a good GPA. International students should have satisfactory TOEFL/IELTS and GRE scores. The GRE is waived for the Fall 2021. Visiting students and scholars are also welcome to apply.
• A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, etc., with a concentration on one of the following: control theory, machine learning, fault detection/diagnosis, optimization, or related areas.
• Expertise in Python and Matlab/Simulink (required).
• English proficiency in both oral and writing skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills (statistics, optimization, linear algebra)
• Programming efficiency in Julia, R
• General knowledge about chemical engineering
• Previous experience in publishing journal and conference articles
The Chemical Engineering graduate program of Texas Tech University is ranked 38th of public programs in Chemical Engineering, and the faculty scholarly productivity is ranked in the top 50 according to Academic Analytics. Texas Tech University is one of the 115 “Carnegie Tier One” universities with highest research activities in the U.S.
Qiugang (Jay) Lu, Ph.D.,
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Texas Tech University, TX, USA
Email: [log in to unmask]