Subject: Research job opportunity for new/recent BS science graduate
The Dietary Supplement Ingredient Database (DSID) project team researches,
identifies, and purchases top selling and representative dietary supplements
and sends them to contracted laboratories for analysis of ingredient content.
Laboratory results are evaluated in comparison to label claims and then
statistically analyzed. The DSID website provides online calculators
converting labeled levels into analytically derived estimates of ingredients
in dietary supplement products sold in the US.
Major responsibilities for this position include:
• Organizing and processing of dietary supplement samples for shipment to
laboratories; tracking and purchasing of dietary supplements
• Data entry and auditing of data about commercial dietary supplement
products in our studies and their chemical composition
• Analysis of data and compiling of data on the chemical content of dietary
supplements for reports using Microsoft Excel and Access
• Designing data formats and graphing data using graphing software
• Assisting with special projects critical to this research
• Actively participating with team members in research discussions
• Documenting research activities and decisions and drafting reports for
Minimum qualifications: B.S. in science, math, engineering or related field.
Some research experience required. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
This position is on-site in Beltsville, MD. When applying, please send a
resume and a cover letter to [log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Laura Oh
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Website URL: https://dsid.usda.nih.gov/
You received this email because you are subscribed to the Daily eNews for CMNS Students (CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message signoff CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS in the body.