Dear CAST community,
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore has a few openings for Postdoctoral Research Fellows and PhD Students. There are also openings for research assistants, visiting scholars, and visiting graduate students. The Postdoc positions are immediately available, and the PhD students are expected to join in Fall 2022.
Successful candidates are expected to conduct high-quality research in all areas related to process systems engineering, including but not limited to state estimation, advanced process control, remaining useful life prediction, fault detection and diagnosis, and optimization solutions for industrial manufacturing processes.
Preferred Qualifications of postdocs:
• A PhD degree (or will be awarded PhD degree shortly) in process control, control systems engineering, applied mathematics, machine learning or related fields.
• An excellent track record of research in the corresponding field
• Expertise in control engineering, optimization, and/or machine learning
• Excellent programming skills
Preferred Qualifications of PhD students:
• A bachelor’s degree (or will be awarded a degree shortly) from Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering/Automation, Computer Science
• Knowledge of control theory, statistics, and/or machine learning
• Experience in programming using Python or Matlab
Interested applicants are invited to send an application package containing a cover letter and CV with a full list of publications to Xunyuan Yin ([log in to unmask]). If you have any questions, please also feel free to reach out.
We would be grateful if you could forward this advertisement to people who may have interests in this opportunity.
About NTU: The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a national research university based in Singapore. It is the second oldest autonomous university in Singapore and is considered to be one of the top universities in the world. NTU is consistently ranked within the top 20 universities in the world according to most rankings, and is currently ranked 12th globally in the QS World University Rankings as of June 2021. It has also been ranked 1st among young universities by the QS World University Rankings since 2015 as of April 2021.
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Email: [log in to unmask]
Address:N1.2 B2-22, 62 Nanyang Dr, Singapore 637459