Subject: CMNS Hiring Digital Communications Intern
The College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences is hiring!
Applications are open now for an undergraduate student to join our staff to
assist with social media and web content creation efforts. This paid position
will provide opportunities to amplify student stories and learn about a range
of scientific disciplines – from atmospheric science and biology to
computer science and more. See below for the full position description!
Position Type: Hybrid (blend of virtual and in-person hours), 10 – 20 hours
Semester: Fall 2022
Application Deadline: August 16, 2022
Application documents: Resume, cover letter, writing samples
- Create engaging content for social media and the website
- Coordinate student takeovers of the @umdscience Instagram account
- Design digital collateral as needed using Canva
- Brainstorm social media campaign content, find student stories and pitch
creative ways our team can share those stories
- Monitor the news and social media for CMNS faculty, students, staff and
- Compile monthly social media analytics report
- Attend campus events to assist with the creation of timely and relevant
social media posts (evening and/or weekend events possible)
- Other marketing and communications support as tasks arise
- Undergraduate student at University of Maryland
- Preference to communications, marketing and journalism majors, but other
majors welcome to apply
- Experience in graphic design (e.g., Canva, Photoshop, InDesign,
- Excellent social media management skills, knowledge of Falcon.io/Brandwatch
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, knowledge of AP Style a
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative on projects and work independently
- A strong communicator, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Strong project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced
- Experience recording and editing video also a plus
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 2 or 3 writing samples to Katie
Bemb ([log in to unmask]) by August 16, 2022. Cover letters should include why you
are interested and how you meet the qualifications. Writing samples can
include articles, memos, briefs, social media posts or campaigns, etc.
Applications will be reviewed by late August.
Contact Person: Katie Bemb
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
You received this email because you are subscribed to the Daily eNews for CMNS Students (CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message signoff CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS in the body.