From:
Skylar Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2022 02:58:04 -0400
Subject: UMD Linux Club first meeting!

Are you unhappy with Windows or MacOS and want something different? Do you
like using a Raspberry Pi or the grace.umd.edu server? Are you interested in
free open source software and digital rights? Or maybe you just want to hang
out and learn some basic skills? Then UMD Linux Club is for you! Linux gives
the user computing freedom like no other operating system, and is the most
widely installed operating system of all time. We learn how to install and
use Linux on laptops, servers, and other devices and operating systems.
Whether you’re at home in the terminal or the desktop, we discuss tools and
techniques for making Linux (and other Unix-like systems) work for our needs.

Start your Linux journey with the UMD Linux Club! Our first meeting is 10/13
and we'll be having a distro discussion! Have you heard about Ubuntu, Fedora,
or Arch Linux? Do you use any of them, or maybe something more exotic? Come
learn about what makes up a Linux distribution, how they're unique, and how
to pick the right one for the task. Pizza will be served! Hope to see you
there!

Event Date: October 13, 2022
Event Location: MATH B0431
Contact Person: Skylar Chan