The Department of Chemical Engineering at McMaster University is seeking an outstanding individual for a tenure-track position at open rank in the area of process systems engineering.  The position is available from July 1, 2008.

Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline and have research interests in areas related to process systems engineering: process modeling and optimization, process monitoring and process control.  We are also interested in candidates with a strong research publication record in one of the emerging process systems areas, such as systems biology, multiscale modeling etc. The successful candidate will be able to participate in the McMaster Advanced Control Consortium with the existing faculty and 20 member companies.  The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to teaching in both our graduate and undergraduate programs and to develop a strong research program. 
Applicants should send a letter of application, full CV including a list of publications, statement of teaching and research interests, a selection of research publications, and the names of at least three references (with postal and email addresses).  Registration or eligibility for registration, by the Professional Engineers of Ontario, will be considered an asset.  Please send the application materials to the attention of Dr. Andrew Hrymak, Chair, Department of Chemical Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4L7.  
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.  McMaster University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff.  The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minorities, and persons with disabilities.  Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.  For more information about the department, please consult