ProSensus is offering a 3-day course on multivariate data analysis (30
May to 1 June, 2007)
                   http://www.prosensus.ca/courses

Dr. John MacGregor and his co-workers in ProSensus, have run this course
several times in the past, and participants have found it an excellent
way to obtain a working knowledge of multivariate methods.

Content
-------
The course will introduce and go into details about PCA and PLS
modeling, and how to solve industrial problems, such as
* learning from historical databases to improve process understanding
(data mining)
* building, using and interpreting multivariate monitoring (SPC) charts
* monitoring process performance and diagnosing assignable causes
* building predictive models (soft-sensors) and classifiers;
* a session dedicated to batch processes: learn how to optimize batch
strategies, monitor batches for early fault detection, and achieve
tighter control of final product properties.

All the details, in a single PDF file, are available from the course
website: http://www.prosensus.ca/courses

What makes this course different?
--------------------------------
- Examples are taken from a wide variety of industrial processes: batch,
pharmaceutical, petrochemical, food, and others.
- We are software-neutral; our focus is for you to understand the
methods, and apply them to real data sets - not just to learn new
software (but, we have computer labs to teach that also).
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own process data for
use/analysis in the interactive sessions.
- Participants receive a binder with all slides printed in colour, an
electronic copy of all slides (in PDF), and Excel data sets.

Logistics
---------
Title:    Multivariate methods for process analysis, monitoring and
quality improvement
Location: Burlington-on-the-Lake Travelodge, Burlington, Ontario (close
to airports in Buffalo, NY, and Toronto, ON)
Dates:    30 May to 1 June, 2007 (Wednesday AM to Friday PM)
Cost:     CAD$ 2100 per participant, approximately U$1890. Sales tax of
6% is extra.

Please also forward this message to any of your colleagues who might be
interested.

Thanks,
Kevin Dunn

--